Thursday, December 31, 2009

Deathsong Chronicles - Sonata 10

Three years later...

Shadowz and Jennifer were in their room, finishing Jennifer's book. As she wrote, she read out loud, the epilogue of her book:"And so, a brave warrior's journey ends, as he sacrificed himself to the good of others. We will always remember him."

She then turned to the cover, and wrote on the title: A True Warrior. She sighed, and said to Shadowz,"Everytime I think about him, I think of the sacrifice he made. I just can't believe he's dead..."

"Yeah..." muttered Shadowz.

At that moment, a knock sounded on the door. "Come in!" said Jennifer, with a tinge of sadness.

The door opened, and there stood a warrior, with several scars on his face and arms, bleeding several open wounds, with a limp in his steps.

Jennifer and Shadowz stared at him as if seeing a ghost, and he saluted, and said with a macabre grin:" Primary assault unit Xepher reporting in, Captain."

Jennifer leapt to her feet and dashed at Xepher, nearly bowling him over. She cried as she sobbed:"I thought you were dead!" He laughed," Take more'n an overgrown monster and it's kids to kill me." She hugged him so tightly he winced.

Shadowz came over, and took him by the hand. "Xepher...thanks. For protecting her during the raid." "No problem." was the merry reply.

"But...how...? How did you escape?" asked Jennifer, suddenly serious. "Well..." began Xepher," When you cleared the AERIA, I immediately dashed for an escape ship, or something that could fly. And I found self manned battleships, and I entered the cockpits, smashing the control-box.

"And controls popped out. I exited the AERIA just as it exploded, and was pelted lightyears away from Rursus. And now, I made it back just as the battleship exploded." Xepher ended.

"Well...as long as you're back, it's fine." said Shadowz as the three laughed.

0 of people's words: