In the demon realm...
"Mistress....are you sure about this...?" asked a powerful warrior, one named Huntagon, kneeling before his mistress.
The dark entity seated on the throne replied with an all-powerful voice:"Yes. It is this girl, this Jennifer, that holds the power of the catalyst. It is why Berserker failed. She is sure to be guarded by strong beings."
"But...what you asked of me...is it not too...impossible?"came the tentative voice of the warrior.
"You have my orders, and those are to invite one psychic named Kaithlyn to our ranks. I have my reasons...and I have means to defeat her easily, even if it seems impossible. I want you to make her come, by force or by will, but alive." said the lady of the demon realm.
"Besides, she has reason to come and join me." she added.
"Y-yes. Excuse me. I will complete this duty now."said Huntagon. The lady nodded in approval, and conjured a portal for him to travel to the human realm.
"Foolish humans...abyssmally foolish humans..."hissed the lady after he had gone.
====================================================================
"This heat is crappy." muttered Xepher as they travelled along the roads, seeking the mage Aries to assist them, and his apprentices. "I can practically feel my skin sizzling!"
"No argues there."muttered Emily. Sweat rolled down everyone's backs. However, the sun suddenly disappeared from the sky as a thick cloud blocked all of the light. Jennifer gasped. A massive dragon flew by.
"Get down!" hissed Ruby hastily. Everybody ducked down, and shortly after that a burst of flame blew over their heads. It swooped down, and snatched Jennifer away.
Jennifer conjured her saber and plunged it into the behemoth's thick hand, making searing blood spurt out. It promptly dropped her in surprise. She plummeted like a stone down to the earth. She shrieked like a banshee.
Shadowz tried to catch her, but she was just too far away to reach in time. Suddenly, a flamed-winged form darted to her and caught Jennifer, a few metres off the ground. It then twisted around, while still holding on to Jennifer, and brandished a staff.
Hailstorms and acid rain assaulted the dragon as blinding shafts of light blinded it. Under the intense attack, it roared it's death knell...
...and dropped from the sky.
The firewinged form landed at a short distance from the party, and let Jennifer run back to Shadowz. Shadowz acknowledged the figure, and said:"Thank you. For...saving her. Who are you?"
"I am one who has no name, who never sleeps, who never eats (unless I'm hungry). If you truly desire to name me...I'd prefer that you call me Jesslyn. I am a hybrid human and phoenix, and I know of your quest to eradicate the demon strongholds."
"If so, will you consent to join us? We need as strong force as possible to destroy those cursed fortresses." replied Ruby.
"Nay, I cannot. I will rather stay aloof of such matters. Neither side is my friend, nor enemy." said Jesslyn. With that, she flew off.
Xepher looked at her fleeting form, he commented:"There's something familliar about that girl."
The sky darkened. They reached their destination, a temple of light, to communicate with Soroga back at Rhapsodia. Over a scrying sphere, Ruby conversed with the grandmaster of the school.
"How fare you?" was Soroga's first words.
"Fine enough...the plans are in motion. In three days, we will storm Darkgarde.If it is possible, can you aid us? We have just the White Knights and ourselves with us." said Ruby.
"...storming Darkgarde. Yes. I will come, with several strong warriors." replied Soroga.
====================================================================
Atop a stormy peak, a dark portal suddenly opened. Out came Huntagon."Take the catalyst alive. Not too bad."he muttered, and grinned with the darkness of a demon.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Deathsong Chronicles - Prelude 7
Slashed out by ɌʒʠɄɸʒɱ Đʒɒʡɦʂʘɳɠ at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 of people's words:
Post a Comment