"My name, is Sieghart." continued the stranger, walking slowly out of the shadows. "You may have heard of me."
"Sieghart..." muttered Shadowz. "It rings a bell..."
"Of course, dummy. He's the one who defeated the leader of the demons, Aria." snapped Jennifer playfully.
"Hey, who's the dummy?! I - "began Shadowz, looking sheepish.
"..."Sieghart snorted. "Whatever. The point is that, I have lost most of my powers fighting Aria, and our only chance to beat the demons is Xepher. He has the power I had."
"But he's bound to be noticed before long. I mean, Kaffleen isn't dumb or powerless, you know." said Shadowz.
"Yes, and that makes our priority to attract her attention." replied Sieghart.
"...how?" asked Jesslyn, puzzled.
"By amassing a massive force and striking out at her stronghold, taking her attention away while Xepher gets the powers he needs from her library." said another voice, this one familiar, from the shadows.
"...Ruby?!" gasped Jennifer.
"Ayep. Tis me. And Emily here too." replied Ruby, Emily at his side.
Emily raced forwards and embraced Jennifer, then pulled back in surprise. "You're pregnant?!" exclaimed Emily. She glanced from Jennifer to Shadowz, and both burned bright red.
"Y-yeah." stammered Jennifer."So?"
"Nothing." grinned Emily.
"Back to the point, we should gather the remaining soul warriors and strike at the demons' head. As such, Soroga and his apprentices can aid us in this." said Ruby.
"...yes. Soroga is certainly needed in this final struggle." said Sieghart.
====================================================================
Same soul I've believed in,
And missed in my lonely life.
Holy war to save our souls.
Same fight we could do,
I hoped for the genuine justice,
Dune, people in hunger,
Where to go?
Torn my heart my friend,
that's what you wanted to?
No one can make my faith illusion.
Can stay with me,
Or just go away?
====================================================================
Xepher remembered the lyrics of a song, lost in the folds of time. It meant much to him, seeing as it had a lot to do with what he felt, as he walked to the royal chambers.
"Well? How have you been working on? A few weeks should have seen some minor magic. Show me something." said the empress.
Xepher took a deep breath, as if he was an apprentice, demonstrating his first spell. He gathered the energies needed, and launched a minor force spell at the empress's magical target. This spell was, first and foremost, a spell to knock opponents off guard, dealing minor damage.
"Wonderful. And it's only your first try." said the empress. She signaled to Huntagon. "Teach our young spellcaster here some elemental magic, to start with. I want him properly trained."
"Yes, mistress. Come." the last said to Xepher, who followed his new 'master' out of the room.
When they were gone, Kaffleen said to thin air,"Well? What was he reading?"
The mysterious man came out of the shadows, and held out the book on holy magic. The empress took it, and frowned.
"This is not what he should be reading. I have a good suspicion on our young friend. Keep an eye on him, will you, Nocturna?"
"Yes. I will."
Monday, January 18, 2010
Deathsong Chronicles - Symphony 7
Slashed out by ɌʒʠɄɸʒɱ Đʒɒʡɦʂʘɳɠ at 6:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 of people's words:
Post a Comment