The cornucopia of power subsided, and there hovered Xepher, Guardian of Rursus, victorious over the demonic powers of Aria. The joy of the defenders was short-lived, however, as a few seconds later, Xepher plummeted like a stone towards the ground. He crashed before anyone could catch him.
The defenders, Kaithlyn, Sieghart, Alloyn and the rest rushed towards the prone warrior. A massive crater was caused by his collision. Kaithlyn nursed his head in her lap, channeling healing energies into him.
Xepher groaned. "No. I am too far...gone. Let me go. I have no more reason to live."
Shadowz started, and demanded:"But why?! There is so much more to live for, no reason to die!!!"
Xepher laughed and coughed up crimson blood. "No. There isn't. Aria has fallen, his dark armies with him. Kaffleen is dead, and I have completed my mission. She was the light when I was the darkness. Without one, there will not be the other. Take care of Jennifer." He turned his head towards Kaithlyn. "You must live on, defending the future. Your sister would have wanted you to continue her work, eradicating evil endlessly."
Kaithlyn sobbed as Xepher said the last words. The words of a martyr, the words of a hero. "You and she will be remembered forever by the people of Rursus. I will make sure of this." she vowed.
"Ha! That's more than I can ask...for. Well then...it is time I passed on. Farewell." Xepher replied, and closed his eyes for the last time.
Out of Kaithlyn's startled embrace, Xepher floated upwards. The stormy skies opened up, and pure light shone down. The two swords hovered upwards, and circled Xepher rapidly. Then a final bright light flashed. They were gone.
=========================================================================
In the infinite darkness of the Great Dark Beyond, an evil laughter rang out. "So, you dare to steal MY powers to use against the foolish Guardian?! You fool, you do not know how to use it well. And your failure shall bring you eternal torment, until I wish to allow you the chance to redeem yourself."
Aria screamed in agony and regret as he felt the insane pain, physical, magical and mental at once. He knew he still existed only by the sufferance of this other being. He also knew that he should not have used this great being's powers to take over Rursus.
He screamed, knowing that it was but the first of many, many more.
=========================================================================
So concludes the first arc of the Deathsong Chronicles. The next arc is an altogether different story, best left for another time.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Deathsong Chronicles - Tacet 10
Slashed out by ɌʒʠɄɸʒɱ Đʒɒʡɦʂʘɳɠ at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 of people's words:
Post a Comment